A vibrant farmers market in Downtown Northampton!
First founded in 2008 by Oona Coy and Ben James of Town Farm, Tuesday Market proudly became a program of Grow Food Northampton in 2016. From the beginning, our goal was not only to provide the freshest farm products to people living and working in and around Northampton, but also to cultivate a shared public space where socializing and relaxing is always encouraged. We are dedicated to making fresh, seasonal food available to people of all incomes and backgrounds.
Have SNAP? Stop by the purple market tent to buy tokens and have your purchase doubled, up to $10 per week.
SNAP Match at Tuesday Market is generously sponsored by Valley Solar and Valley Home Improvement.
How it works
- Come to the purple market tent with your SNAP EBT card.
- Swipe your card to use any amount of your SNAP benefits that you choose to purchase wooden tokens.
- We will double up to $10 of your token purchase.
- Example: You pay $10 using your SNAP, we hand your $20 in tokens.
- Example: You pay $1.50 using your SNAP, we hand you $3 in tokens.
- Example: You pay $15 using your SNAP, we hand your $25 in tokens.
- You take your tokens to spend around the market on anything that is SNAP eligible.
- If you need more tokens, come back! We’ll be glad to do another transaction, but match only up to $10 per week.
SNAP Match FAQ's
We have $1, $2.50 and $5 tokens.
The vendors can give you token change. They cannot give you change in cash due to federal program requirements.
You can only double your SNAP up to $10 per day but we are always happy to do multiple transactions as needed.
Yes! Our SNAP Match program is for anyone on SNAP.
You can buy anything that is SNAP eligible like:
- Edible Plant Starts*
- Packaged Foods
- Maple Products
*these products are also HIP-eligible
Yes, we can swipe your card to check your balance.
No, Tuesday Market tokens can only be used at Tuesday Market.
Yes! All of our fruit and vegetable vendors accept SNAP and HIP. If you have any questions about how HIP works, we’ll be happy to explain at the purple market tent.
No, so most SNAP customers purchase HIP-eligible fruits and vegetables directly from farmers at the market until their HIP benefit is used up, and then use the SNAP Match to purchase non-HIP products or to purchase fruits and vegetables once their HIP benefit is exhausted.
The Latest News
Tuesday Market will open as soon as the City of Northampton gives approval and a set of safety protocols are…
Apply to Join Tuesday Market
Ingredients Spring Rolls: 2 cups warm water 10 large rice paper wrappers 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced 1…
Ingredients: 1 can - 14.5 oz diced tomatoes, drained (or fresh) 1 cup whole kernel corn (frozen or fresh) 1…
This recipe was featured during the Community Lunch series at Abundance Farm in the summer of 2019, using ingredients from…