The first annual Northampton Farm to School Summit will bring together stakeholders and enthusiasts interested in connecting kids to healthy food and local farms in the school environment. Northampton Public Schools have made great progress with school gardens and cooking workshops at the elementary level, and local procurement for school food, but there is much more we can do. At this gathering we will come together to learn about current successes and challenges, gather input, and create a unified vision for how to take this work forward.
Who should attend?
- Parents and family members
- Teachers, all grades
- School administrators
- Local elected officials
- Food service professionals.
- Anyone interested in connecting kids with healthy food – it doesn’t matter if you are familiar with Farm to School work
- 8:30-9:00: gathering and refreshments
- 9:00-12:00: speakers, breakout groups, and discussion
- 12:00-1:00: Lunch
Childcare and lunch will be provided. Teachers: you will receive a stipend for attending.
At some point after registering, we’ll send a follow-up email with a few questions about reserving spots for childcare, the age of your children, and your role in the community. Please stay tuned, as we need that information for planning purposes!