Would you like to garden with us?
Registration for new gardeners is available throughout the year. The fastest and best method to register is through the online form below.
Please note that there is a limit of one plot per person or couple. After a successful first year, the opportunity to add a second plot in future years may be available.
When plots are available, we will assign them to new gardeners as they apply. Here are the steps:
- Complete the New Gardener Registration Form
- We confirm your plot assignment and send confirmation by email.
- When a plot is available we will send your plot assignment by email.
- Reply to that email to confirm that you want the plot.
- You begin receiving the garden e-newsletter, News From the Garden Shed. You are added to the email group connecting all gardeners.
- We send you an invoice by email (sent from <email@example.com>).
- You pay by check or online by credit card before you may use your plot by the due date. Failure to pay means forfeiting the plot.
- You must read the Gardener’s Guide and attend a New Gardener Orientation before you begin to garden. Watch your email to sign up for Orientation.
Plots are 20’x20’ full plots or 10’x20’ half plots. Either size costs $36 per year if leased before July 15. Senior Citizens (turning 65 or older this year) pay $28. Low-income gardeners enrolled in the SNAP program pay $10 and receive five buckets of free compost ($15 value). Plots leased after July 15 are half price. There is a $10 non-resident surcharge if you do not live in Northampton, Florence or Leeds.
Please see the links on this page for downloadable registration forms, the Gardener’s Guide, a map of the garden. Registrations will be accepted by mail for those who prefer to print the PDF registration form and mail it with a check, but plot availability is not guaranteed. In the event that no suitable plot is available, payment will be returned.
All question about registration should be directed to Pat James.