Would you like to garden with us?
Registration for new gardeners is now open. The fastest and best method of registering is through the online form at the bottom of this page. As of April, 2017, all plots are full and all registrants who fill out the form below will be placed on our waiting list.
Please note that there is a limit of one plot per person or couple. After a successful first year, the opportunity to add a second plot in future years may be available.
When plots are available, we will assign them to new gardeners as they apply. Here are the steps:
- You fill out the form where you can request a specific plot or request that we assign one.
- We confirm your plot assignment and send confirmation by email.
- You begin receiving Garden Bulletin emails and are added to the email group connecting all gardeners.
- We send you an invoice by email (sent from <email@example.com>)
- You must pay by check or online by credit card before you may use your plot.
- You must read the Gardener’s Guide and attend a New Gardener Orientation before you can uses your plot (look for sign-up info by email).
- You are strongly encouraged to attend the annual Gardener Open House in the spring if you join the garden prior to that date.
Plots are 20’x20’ full plots or 10’x20’ half plots. Either size costs $33 per year if leased before July 15. Senior Citizens (turning 65 or older this year) pay $25. Low-income gardeners enrolled in the SNAP program pay $8 and receive five buckets of free compost ($15 value). Plots leased after July 15 are half price. There is a $10 non-resident surcharge if you do not live in Northampton, Florence or Leeds.
Please see the links on this page for downloadable registration forms, the Gardener’s Guide, a map of the garden with plots labeled, and a current list of available plots. Registrations will be accepted by mail for those who prefer to print the PDF registration form and mail it with a check, but plot availability is not guaranteed. In the event that no suitable plot is available, payment will be returned.
All question about registration should be directed to Pat James.